[racket-dev] [racket] Code compiled for version ~a, not ~a

From: Guillaume Marceau (gmarceau at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 20 00:56:01 EDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> I've pushed a fix for the problem with forward slashes in PLTCOLLECTS.

Thanks!

>   >cd c:\matthew\collects
>   >c:\matthew\plt\raco link uu-cs1410
>   >c:\matthew\plt\raco setup -D
>   >c:\matthew\plt\drracket
>     [ok --- tool works]

I went through the sequence you indicated and saw the same behavior as you did.

When I was doing it earlier, I was skipping the 'raco setup -D' step.
I was under the impression that the 'raco link' operation updated the
necessary info-domain/compiled/cache.rktd files automatically. When I
add or remove a directory from PLTCOLLECTS, I don't need to re-run
'raco setup'. So long as the tool's collect has been compiled once
before, it loads correctly. I was expecting the same behavior from
'raco link'

We can either fix 'raco link's behavior to match my brain, or fix my
brain to match raco's. Either-or.

Posted on the dev mailing list.