[racket-dev] weird (memory?) bug using (dis)similar require mechanisms

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 12 08:08:45 EDT 2011

At Mon, 12 Sep 2011 09:28:43 +0200, Marijn wrote:
> Seems to work for me too now. The only thing I'm left wondering is why
> starting the program in ways that I would mentally classify as exactly
> the same turned out to differ in such a way. Would appreciate if you
> could shed some light on that.

Running the program different ways changed the timing of event
handling. When you start a GUI program from the Racket REPL, the REPL
runs a `(sync (eventspace-event-evt e))' ... `(yield)' loop while
waiting for input; in that case, the scheduling of events and threads
turned out to let the disagreeing callbacks "correct" each other
forever.

Posted on the dev mailing list.