[racket-dev] planet versioning spec?

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 6 13:02:50 EDT 2011

Did you see section 1.4 of the planet docs?

Also there are two bugs (both of which are in 5.1.3 I believe):

- one bug prevented planet from re-using downloaded packages; this has
been fixed

- the second bug prevented the linkage table from working (the bug's
result caused  just always ignored the linkage table). I kept that bug
by making it clear that linkage table isn't work (stubbing out the
code). I see I forgot to update the docs; I'll fix that.

I posted here about the second bug and no one replied so I took that
to mean that no one cared about this form of "automatic upgrade". Here
is the message:

As for your specific questions, I don't think what you write is what
planet does, but maybe what you actually think is different (as I'm
not completely clear about what you mean); hopefully the above