[racket-dev] Thread exit status

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 22 12:12:07 EDT 2011

On 2011-10-22 12:02 PM, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> Eh, I think imposing this on all the threads would be a bad idea
> because it would increase memory usage unexpectedly for a lot of
> programs, I would guess

Only those holding references to their threads well beyond the lifetime
of said threads. Is there a reason why that might be common?

If it really is a problem, though, then I wonder if keeping the exit
value on successful conclusion of the thread could be dispensed with.
Erlang doesn't do that, for instance. It'd still be useful to keep the
killing exception, if there is one, though.

Regards,
  Tony

Posted on the dev mailing list.