[racket-dev] Thread exit status

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 22 11:33:20 EDT 2011

On 2011-10-22 11:14 AM, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> I don't think any change is necessary, because this can be done as a library:
> https://github.com/jeapostrophe/exp/blob/master/ethread.rkt

I was hoping for something that works for threads created using (thread)
as well. Using either your approach or something like
https://gist.github.com/1306106 works well for programs where you
control all the threads, but I wonder about whether it composes well
with other code. Maybe it doesn't matter as much as I think, though.

(Incidentally, there are deadlocks lurking in (update-thread!), but I
think those can be worked around. One way is via the gist above; another
is using the kill-safe single-write box I mentioned earlier today.)

Regards,
  Tony

Posted on the dev mailing list.