[racket-dev] wrong line marked as source of error?

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 18 07:49:28 EDT 2011

I think this is probably due to a fairly fundamental problem in the
way that Racket builds stacks. The whole process is pretty complex,
but at a high-level, there are two ways that stack information is
obtained: one way (via the errortrace library) is very accurate when
it exists, but it does not always exist (specifically, the regions of
the stack that correspond to code in the distribution's collects
directory are missing from the stack); the other way is via a much
less precise mechanism, but is always available. I believe that your
screenshot shows you using the former way and so you're missing the
part of the stacktrace that is inside the set-admin method.


On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 6:36 AM, Marijn <hkBst at gentoo.org> wrote:
> Hi list,
> while running some code I'm working on, I noticed that the error message
> reported and the expression highlighted as the source of the error don't
> seem to match. The error produced is correct, but the line recognized as
> the source is quite suboptimal. I've tried to cut down on the number of
> lines in the file by removing uninvolved code, but haven't tried to
> rewrite beyond that. I've attached the code and a screenshot of my
> drracket exhibiting the problem. Racket used is this morning's git version.
> Marijn
> _________________________________________________
>  For list-related administrative tasks:
>  http://lists.racket-lang.org/listinfo/dev

Posted on the dev mailing list.