[racket-dev] racket/match is broken

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Thu Oct 6 14:28:04 EDT 2011

On 10/6/11 2:12 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

> Sam is talking about building the ASTs *while* matching, which is what
> Jay was trying to do with uses of `app'.  I think that a teaching
> context is in particular one where such a thing doesn't fit -- it
> obscures the distinction between the side the sexpr goes into, and the
> side where an AST comes out.

Okay, I see the distinction, and I apologize for not having fully
understood Jay's example. I agree that this obscurity is hazardous. I
think, though, that I have always assumed left-to-right matching, though
I may never have constructed anything that would break if it didn't
happen. --PR

Posted on the dev mailing list.