From: Rodolfo Carvalho (rhcarvalho at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 23 17:21:18 EST 2011

Hello,

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 16:08, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu>wrote:

> Oh, right. Pattern matching on url structs. If we want to keep that
> working (which I think we do), then that ties our hands much more.
>
> I believe there are some other crufty things in net/url (having to do
> with encodings?).

I've reported some time ago that I had problems with non-UTF8 encodings,
such as uri-decode etc calling /utf8 functions instead of using
byte-strings.

If time would permit I'd implement supplementary versions of those
functions to work on byte-string and make no assumptions on encoding.

But in case a new library is in the way, then I think it can be made so
that it doesn't assume any particular encoding.

[]'s

Rodolfo Carvalho