From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 23 13:08:54 EST 2011

Oh, right. Pattern matching on url structs. If we want to keep that
working (which I think we do), then that ties our hands much more.

I believe there are some other crufty things in net/url (having to do
with encodings?).

Does it make sense to have a new library that does all of this right
from the start and then announce that we're going to stop supporting
net/url in a year or so, in favor of the new library?

I see there is no net/http. so we could also do a better job with the
whole simple-script-for-downloading-a-file-over-http and perhaps other
things along those lines?

Robby

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Jay McCarthy <jay at racket-lang.org> wrote:
> I thought about that too since there are few instances where people pattern
> match on the URL struct. What would be a good name for the new field...
> url-maybe-query?
>
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Robby Findler
> <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I don't think we want to change how the current url struct selectors
>> work when applied to url structs.
>>
>> You could probably get away with changing the url struct if you could
>> provide functions that act the way the old selectors used to work --
>> does that help?
>>
>> Robby
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:00 PM,  <jay at racket-lang.org> wrote:
>> > jay has updated `master' from 6a99c93ebb to 9d8d36e568.
>> >  http://git.racket-lang.org/plt/6a99c93ebb..9d8d36e568
>> >

>> > 7f9818b Jay McCarthy <jay at racket-lang.org> 2011-11-23 10:35
>> > :
>> > of a URL is always a list. I have fixed uses in the Web Server, which I
>> > expect is the major thing affected, but much more could be. Therefore I am
>> > skeptical this is a good idea just for the representation of ?. So, I'd like
>> > other people to review the change and let me know if they think I should
>> > revert it.
>> > :

Posted on the dev mailing list.