[racket-dev] Fwd: [PRL] Interesting information about Java's new function syntax, and approach to parallelism

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 20 15:49:39 EST 2011

When I read this, I see Guy Steele at work behind the scenes,
I see that they still didn't get his 'growing a language' talk,
and I see a macro called for/map-reduce with futures in the background
for certain collections and programmers who prefer "(for" over these funny
arrows in their Java code. At least HtDP students are well-prepared for this
Java future. -- Matthias

Begin forwarded message: