[racket-dev] Release Announcement for v5.2

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 2 13:04:34 EDT 2011

On 11/02/2011 09:06 AM, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> The release announcement sketch is finally ready, apologies for the
> delay.  It should be close to being a final version, and I'll probably
> proceed with the release tonight -- so if there are any issues with
> it, please reply soon.
> Racket version 5.2 is now available from
>
>    http://racket-lang.org/
>
> Release highlights:

> * The `plot' collection has been completely re-implemented in
>    Racket, and offers more functionality.  Some old code that uses
>    `plot' will continue working, and some will need to use the
>    `plot/compat' library.

Can we go with this?

* The `plot' collection has been reimplemented in Racket. It now
    offers PDF output, log axes, histograms, and more. Some code that
    uses `plot' will still work, and some will need light porting. The
    `plot/compat' module offers expedient backward compatibility.

This names some of the new features, mentions porting, and frowns
slightly upon using `plot/compat'. :)

Neil T

Posted on the dev mailing list.