[racket-dev] scribble pdf

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue May 24 17:19:51 EDT 2011

An hour and a half ago, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> All I know is that when I run:
>
> scribble ++extra floatflt.sty --pdf main.scrbl
>
> It prints out 1000 lines. But when I normally use latex, I just type
> "latex file" and it ends at the error.

Robby clarified what's happening.

> This behaviour of scribble makes it totally useless for finding
> problems. I've attached the output, in case you don't believe me.

I didn't want it as a proof -- only as a way to see what would you get
with it.  In your case the error is below, and my guess is that it's
mostly useless without the latex file (and even with it it's pretty
bad).  Allowing interactions as Robby suggested sounds like a way to
get latex-like behavior, and you could even look at the latex file,
but you'd need to be told where it is and that it will be erased when
the whole thing is done.

  ! Missing \endcsname inserted.
  <to be read again>
                     \csname\endcsname
  l.252 \label
              {t:x28part_x22Ax5fSemanticsx5fforx5fContextx2dSensitivex5fReduct...
  The control sequence marked <to be read again> should
  not appear between \csname and \endcsname.