From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun May 15 16:24:48 EDT 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Stephen Chang <stchang at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>>> I'm not seeing it with the latest.
>>>
>>> Did you disable some tools?
>>
>> Or possibly not run raco setup so some tools didn't get registered?
>
> I did run raco setup and I have some tools disabled (in fact,
> everything except htdp, stepper, and lazy racket are disabled). But it
> still shouldnt error, right?

I guess. One might also say the problem is that you can't disable
certain tools (without disabling others). I'm not sure what the proper
response is here.

But generally, I'd expect the teaching languages, the stepper, and the
test stuff to have all be in or all be out. It doesn't seem worth the
effort to try to make them work independently. (Altho the maintainers
may disagree with me.)

Maybe it would be good to add something so tools can register these
dependencies and then drracket can complain if they aren't satisfied?

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.