[racket-dev] composing contexts in Redex?

From: Stephen Chang (stchang at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri May 6 13:06:08 EDT 2011

> Can you define an "other stuff" non-terminal O:
>
> (O hole ....)
>
> and sprinkle some Os in A:
>
> (A hole (in-hole (in-hole O ((in-hole O A) e)) (λ x (in-hole O A))))

Something along this line could work. But I would need side conditions
to make sure that the O doesnt mess up the "A-ness" property of the A.

Being able to split A's is only part of the problem though. I think
ultimately, the problem is that I still want to be able to combine
context definitions. For example, I need A to be one possible case in
another context definition E.

> There would be no loop if C didn't include hole:
>
> (L (λ x hole) (hole e))
> (C L (in-hole L C))
>
> Can you still define what you want using this C?

C must be able to be a hole in the code I have. But maybe it doesnt
have to with your O idea above.

Thanks for the ideas!

Posted on the dev mailing list.