[racket-dev] wishes

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri May 6 11:22:48 EDT 2011

During my experiments last week, I came up with two more wishes for Racket:

1. Python seems to provide the following unit testing functionality:

   if a file/module is run as 'main', the test suites are run;
   if it is required into some other file, the tests aren't run.

   It looks truly convenient. I believe we should be able to write a
   define-test-suite macro that can do that too.

2. We need some simple refactorings in DrRacket, e.g.,

   (define (f y)                 (define (f y)
     (define x y)	==>

   Could this be started as an REU project at NWU?
   Or is this still a potential research=y MS-level project?

-- Matthias

Posted on the dev mailing list.