[racket-dev] racket vs. scheme vs. clojure (as it appears to others)

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri May 6 11:20:47 EDT 2011

Matthias Felleisen wrote at 05/06/2011 10:41 AM:
> For what time period should we leave the description constant to test this conjecture?

Someone mathematically-inclined did something similar-sounding a
decade(?) ago, for US national political campaign fund-raising.  From
what I could gather, the campaign Web sites would automatically
experiment with varying the approach, *on a per-visitor basis*, to find
optimal ways of presenting itself.  I think they were searching the
combinatorics of different text, positioning, dollar amount
alternatives, etc., and also correlating with messages in the news.  In
one respect, they had it easy: dollars donated immediately through the
site is an exceptionally good success metric.  I suspect that the party
didn't publish on their setup (just guessing; I don't follow such
things), and the person I'm thinking of has moved on to doing different
kinds of work.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/