[racket-dev] Making --enable -places the default.

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 29 08:39:07 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 1:01 AM, Kevin Tew <tewk at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> Being able to sync on when they terminate?
> Thats pretty easy to add, I should do it.
>
> Place currently is an event you can sync on, but it becomes ready when a
> message arrives.  Not when it terminates.

Oh, in that case I don't see a problem with the current API.  I guess
it's a little weird that a `place?' is both an appropriate argument to
`place-wait' and to `place-recv', but I don't know if it's a good idea
to make both of those actions events.

In any case, you might want to add places to the big list of primitive
things that are events in the event documentation.