[racket-dev] handin-server web interface... non-functional? and docs don't appear?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Sun Mar 27 19:33:46 EDT 2011

It looks to me like the handin server's web interface isn't currently working.  I enabled the handin server with the https-server-port set to 7980, and got no response on that port.

Perhaps the larger mystery here is why it is that I just can't find the documentation for the handin server... searching for 'handin' and 'handin-server' produces no results, either locally or on the racket-lang.org.

And... now I'm even more confused.  collects/handin-server/info.rkt doesn't have a scribblings entry. OTOH, Git suggests that it hasn't been changed in almost a year, and running 'raco setup handin-server' *does* emit this line:

raco setup: rendering: handin-server/scribblings/handin-server.scrbl

The larger question here, that I was trying to answer for myself, is whether the handin server's web interface will allow students to hand in via the web, for a class that I'm using that doesn't use DrRacket.  I suspect the answer is no, but I thought I'd check it out first.

Any help appreciated.

John