[racket-dev] change default binding of c:x; c:w to "save definitions as..." ?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Mon Mar 21 15:02:19 EDT 2011

I've been bitten several times now by the mapping of c:x;c:w to "save file as..."; it looks to me like this isn't even available via menus any more[*], having been replaced by the (much more sensible) "save definitions as..." and "save interactions as...". Moreover, AFAICT there's no default keybinding for "Save Definitions As...".

Would anyone object to the remapping of c:x;c:w to "Save Definitions As..." by default?

Horror stories of data loss available on request, though you can probably guess how they arise.

John

[*] if in fact it ever was,