[racket-dev] form:binding / request utilities

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Fri Mar 4 14:08:32 EST 2011

I'm doing a web-server/insta example in class, and one of my students (Arlo White, cc:'ed) pointed out that  the existing framework for extracting bindings seems to be missing a bunch of useful functions. In particular, he volunteered to implement a few of the functions from the Spring framework, most notably a function that accepts a request and a name and returns the string associated with that name in the request's bindings.  Like hash-ref, it would allow you to specify your own failure behavior.

I've run into this myself, and it's always a pain to operate on the request structures.  Would you be open to adding a few functions like this to the web-server (if we provide them, along with docs and tests)? Looking at the documentation, it appears that there's some cleanup that just never made it to the top of someone's list.

John