[racket-dev] Racket startup

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Jun 28 11:52:40 EDT 2011

8 minutes ago, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> I am too buried in syntax-certificate work at the moment to follow
> along reply properly, but for what it's worth, I have a very
> different proposal in mind: a single file can have multiple loadable
> things (maybe "modulets"), and a program `main' should be one of
> those loadable things --- not an exported function. That resolves
> the problem with picking a special name, and it avoids having to
> load the "main" part when a module is used as a library.

One of the things that I liked about what I suggested was that I could
probably have implemented it today... and nearly started to do so.
Whatever you suggest sounds like its much more powerful, if there's no
need to load the unused parts.  But OTOH, if these things are
separated so strongly, then Jay's complain (distancing `f' from its
tests) might become more of a problem.  Also, I liked the very
convenient way to have multiple entry points, so I hope that that will
be as convenient.

But...

> I hope to reply more properly soon.

...I'll wait (im-)patiently.