[racket-dev] Testing mode

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Jun 27 20:20:10 EDT 2011

15 minutes ago, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> We've talked before about having a testing mode so that tests could
> be written inline, but not run when the module is normally run. I've
> attached a patch that adds a simple way of doing this.
>
> racket/test gives you
> - with-testing
> - with-deploying

Why add more bindings?  Why not just use definitions instead,

  (define (test) (...run test code...))

?

This way there is no need to add more hacks when you need different
kinds of testing (`with-gui-tests') or completely different run modes
(`when-this-is-the-main-file').

> I think this is nice and a bare minimum that solves the problem. Any
> thoughts?

(There was also an issue of how to avoid having test code in the
compiled form.)