[racket-dev] `regexp-match**'

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Jun 4 19:20:58 EDT 2011

50 minutes ago, Robby Findler wrote:
> If you are going to make a new, more general function you could make
> all of the arguments keyword based.

Yeah, but then a name like `regexp-match**' isn't fitting, and I
really don't want to start with some confusing synonyms.  So while a
keyworded interface would be good, it's independent of actually adding
this functionality.  (If you have a suggestion for doing *that*, I'll
be happy to do the work -- the regexp interface really needs to come
out of the pre-keyword world.)

(Actually make that "mostly independent", since keywords might be used
to collapse these things to fewer functions.  But probably still more
than one.  In any case, doing that would make the extension I want
trivial: just make the default be `car'.)