[racket-dev] Please help me to fix the code

From: Yingjian Ma (yingjian.ma1955 at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 1 00:37:37 EDT 2011

I finished it.  The purpose of the function is to count the occurrance of a
letter in a list.  Ex:

(count-matches 'x '())   should be 0
(count-matches 'x '(a b x))   should be 1
(count-matches 'x '(x b x))   should be 2

The keywords I can use are limited.   Thank you all for the help.  Another I
need to write is to remove duplicated items from the list.

It seems that under cond, one condition can only take one expression.  What
can I do if I want to do two statements?

Here is the code.

(define (count-matches s l)
  (define (addone s l x)
     (cond
     [(empty? l) x]
     [(equal? s (first l)) (addone s (rest l) (+ 1 x))]
     [else (addone s (rest l) x)]))
     (addone s l 0))