[racket-dev] Racket on Rockets

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 27 16:10:37 EDT 2011

On 2011-07-27 4:01 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> If you have a sufficiently powerful inspector, you can traverse any
> structure.  In principle, you can even traverse closures this way, but
> no inspector with the needed power exists.  See `struct->vector'.

That sounds fantastic! Especially the traversal of closures. What kinds
of dark alchemy would I have to engage in to get hold of the necessary

Would such an inspector be able to represent the structure of chaperoned
and impersonated values accurately?

Finally, what about the other direction? I notice there's no obvious
`vector->struct`. Is there a general way of moving from the description
of a structure to the structure itself?

Posted on the dev mailing list.