[racket-dev] A basic package system

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 26 17:49:27 EDT 2011

Eli and I had a very useful conversation last night and we realized
that a lot of the ideal package system we are imagining is within our
reach very quickly. Today I made a demonstration of our ideas:

https://github.com/jeapostrophe/exp/tree/master/pkgs

There's a README there. Once you read it,

Run use/program.rkt

Then edit use/pkg-in.rkt and change the "safe" to "unsafe"

You'll see that it changes the meaning of racket/listy module
reference in use/program.rkt

I haven't implemented the module algebra, but it should be clear from
looking at the macro implementations that the existing identifier
algebra in require/provide will work transparently.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>
http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay