[racket-dev] mouse cursor changes cause frequent collections?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Mon Jul 25 15:12:52 EDT 2011

I have the log showing right now, and I see that moving the mouse in a way that causes mouse cursor changes (for instance, back and forth between the definitions & interactions windows) causes collections of about 32K on the order of every eight to ten mouse cursor changes, something like 2K of garbage per cursor change.

There's no observed slowdown or penalty for this, so please ignore this message unless you're right now thinking "hey! I bet I can reuse those cursors!"

John

p.s.: Concord trailways is awesome: nice wireless, comfy ride.

p.p.s.: many thanks as always for RacketCon. One of the highlights of my year.