[racket-dev] Racket DMG improvements

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (stephen.degabrielle at acm.org)
Date: Thu Jul 21 11:51:09 EDT 2011

Sorry guys,

I *will* test this(below) tonight.
- It doesn't do the fancy background image (a hidden .folder with a
.png), reposition and resize icons.
- It will suffice to know if Finder responds to applescript  'tell
application "Finder"' commands.
[It does create a alias, which is mostly the same an a softlink.]

If anyone has a nice background image, that will save me making one.
(and a custom folder with the logo if you can do it?)

#!/bin/sh
# used example http://hayne.net/MacDev/Bash/make_alias
# thanks to authors
# Cameron Hayne (macdev at hayne.net), December 2003
# Paul Russell (prussell at sonic.net), May 2006

/usr/bin/osascript > /dev/null <<EOT
tell application "Finder"
   set Src to POSIX file "/Applications" as text
   set Dest to POSIX file
"/Users/spdegabrielle/Documents/Development/make alias test" as text
   make new alias file to Src at folder Dest
end tell
EOT

mv Applications "Drag into your Applications folder(here)"

-----