[racket-dev] intro videos

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Jul 15 01:39:34 EDT 2011

An hour ago, Neil Van Dyke wrote:

> Now, you can avoid the stretching by using alternate hands for this
> two-key combination, if you have two Alt keys.

(I always do that, and I'm picky enough with my keyboards that it
takes much less than a missing left-side Alt key to make me deposit it
in the nearest garbage bin.)

> But the alternate-hands approach doesn't avoid stretching when you
> get a Ctrl-Alt combination, which happens a lot in, say, Emacs.  So,
> if you forsee frequent Ctrl-Alt combinations

And for that, I have my Emacs set with just Alt for all
expression-related things, including movement (Alt-left and -right).
Still using two hands.  (And had I been using paredit, I'd make it do
just that, and/or complain that it should use the more modern "bind
<the key that is currently bound to X> to Y".)