[racket-dev] Racket DMG improvements

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Jul 13 13:11:01 EDT 2011

I've been told that some DMG installers of OSX add a symlink to
/Applications so it's easy to drag the application in there.  IIUC,
these things should be added:

* A symlink to "/Applications" so if I drag the above into it it will
  get copied into the system's application folder

* Some OSX magic that makes sure that the Racket folder and the
  symlink are in known positions, and the window gets opened at a
  known size,

* Some more magic places an image in the background, something that
  looks like:

    [        ]       To install Racket drag         [         ]
    [ Racket ] <---- the Racket folder into         [ Apps    ]
    [        ]       your Applications folder ----> [ symlink ]

If there's anyone who can write the shell code that starts with a
folder that has just the Racket directory, and gets to the above, I'll
add it to the installer generation script.

(I'm assuming that a script is needed, for resource forks or
whatever? Please bear in mind that I don't use OSX, which is why I
need a script rather than instruction on how to drag things and where
to click...)