[racket-dev] ohloh page

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Thu Jul 7 12:37:34 EDT 2011

On Jul 6, 2011, at 7:06 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

> 15 minutes ago, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
>>
>> Below is very opinion-heavy seat-of-pants reaction.  I'm not
>> familiar with Ohloh, and I could be off the mark...
>>
>> The Ohloh site seems oriented towards PHBs who use 'analysis' like
>> "decreasing year-over-year development activity" without wondering
>> whether it's at all accurate and meaningful.
>
> They're pretty good, I think, about showing the caveats.  For example,
> in the code history (and project cost etc) there is a comment that
> says that often they see only part of the history, which you can see
> with an initial spike of code.

FWIW, the nice thing they had to say about the project was:

--Large, active development team--

Over the past twelve months, 37 developers	 contributed new code to Racket.

This is one of the largest open-source teams in the world, and is in the top 2% of all project teams on Ohloh.

For this measurement, Ohloh considered only recent changes to the code. Over the entire history of the project, 52 developers have contributed.

John Clements