[racket-dev] New error messages for *SL

From: Michael Sperber (sperber at deinprogramm.de)
Date: Thu Jul 7 02:43:07 EDT 2011

Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> writes:

> If you read the documentation as a textbook when you start
> programming, I can see wanting to see something that says "cond is the
> same as before". But, if you read the documentation as a reference
> when you have a problem it is frustrating to chase through a few links
> to get the "real" documentation.

For the record, I fully agree with Guillaume.  I was puzzling over the
exact same issue when I was doing the docs for the DMdA teaching
languages, came out with the exact same reasoning as Guillaume, and ran
against the exact same problem (as Eli may remember).

Generally, redundancy is often a useful and appropriate tool in
documentation.  So it would be great if Scribble would provide more
direct support for it.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike