[racket-dev] Release for v5.1 has begun

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Jan 29 13:05:11 EST 2011

The release process for v5.1 has begun: the `release' branch was
created for any work that is left and is now bumped to v5.0.99.900.  You
can go on using the `master' branch as usual, it is now bumped to
v5.1.0.1 (to avoid having two different trees with the same version).

If you have any bug-fixes and changes that need to go in the release
then make sure to specify that in the commit message or mail me the
commit SHA1s.  You can `git checkout release' to try it out directly if
needed -- but do not try to push commits on it (the server will forbid

Note that nightly builds will go on as usual (as v5.1.0.1), and
pre-release builds will be available shortly at

Please tell me if you think that this should be announced on the
users list for wider testing.