[racket-dev] input methods under Unix/X

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 17 22:33:47 EST 2011

At Mon, 17 Jan 2011 19:03:47 -0700, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> Maybe it doesn't count as input method support, but I've recently
> switched to the Japanese localization of OS X with the Koeteri system
> and when I do not explicitly choose the Latin input method nothing
> appears in DrRacket when I type.

That definitely counts.

I've pushed half a fix. The input state should work correctly now, but
the state is mostly invisible up to the point that you commit
characters to the editor.

I hope to finish the other half of the fix (make the input state
visible) soon. Pushing half a fix just lets Mac users can try out the
first half right away, because the changes can easily affect other
kinds of input.

Posted on the dev mailing list.