[racket-dev] Blame and re-provided bindings

From: Stevie Strickland (sstrickl at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 15 13:35:36 EST 2011

On Jan 15, 2011, at 1:30 PM, Robby Findler wrote:
> Are you saying that it is somehow less bad if the only indeterminate
> aspect of the use of the variable is whether or not the 'via' shows
> up?

There the information is taken from the context of the _use_ of the variable, which is calculated when the syntax transformer is actually applied.  Changing the positive party requires changing the syntax transformer itself, since that information was calculated (and only available) during the creation of the syntax transformer.

> Here's a question: is it possible to include both positive parties in
> the message?

You mean could you change it so that you add additional positive parties, where each party is a point on the path through which the variable has travelled?  If we could use something like the module path information reliably, then we could do this, but then we'd also solve things like the PR mentioned earlier in this thread, because the current negative party is the first point on that path.

Stevie

Posted on the dev mailing list.