[racket-dev] raco setup hangs

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 11 12:02:11 EST 2011

I don't know if this is useful or not, but I enabled cm trace printfs
and it does indeed seem to get stuck during the actual compilation of
that file (as below; I added the 'mth' prefix). I also tried a little
thread that would try monitoring the stack of the thread doing the
work, but it comes up empty, so I'm not sure what I've done wrong
there.

        (let ([t (current-thread)])
          (define t2
            (thread
             (λ ()
               (let loop ()
                 (sleep 2)
                 (printf "starting stack\n")
                 (for ([x (in-list (continuation-mark-set->context
(continuation-marks t)))])
                   (printf " XX ~s\n" x))
                 (loop)))))
          (begin0 (for-each (make-caching-managed-compile-zo) sses)
                  (kill-thread t2)))

But I also raco make getting stuck:

C:\Users\Administrator\git\plt>raco make -v collects\x\bar.rkt
"collects\x\bar.rkt":
  making "C:\\Users\\Administrator\\git\\plt\\collects\\x\\bar.rkt"

so maybe some compiler optimization is going into a loop?

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.