[racket-dev] Git

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 5 15:09:43 EST 2011

Thanks to everyone whose efforts and patience helped us switch from
Subversion to Git.  There was a steep learning curve, but now that I'm
familiar with git, its flexibility has been quite handy.  It has been
invaluable for collaborating with the rest of you on the PLT git
repository, with a few remaining uses of the legacy svn repository,
and even with "myself" when switching computers, working on an
airplane, etc.  It has even proved useful for collaboration with
others who do not use version control -- if I get code via an emailed
tarball, I can just jump back to wherever those edits started from,
commit them, and rebase my changes to go from there, so my history
doesn't get "out of sync" with anyone else's.

Thanks again!

Carl Eastlund

Posted on the dev mailing list.