[racket-dev] up-to-date libgtk for drracket on debian stable?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 2 22:22:24 EST 2011

At Sat, 1 Jan 2011 10:56:18 -0500, Philippe Meunier wrote:
> I had to change a bunch of files in collects/racket/draw/unsafe to get
> it to work (see the attached diff).  For reference, on OpenBSD the
> library versions are currently as follows:

The main change seems to be dropping the "0" version. Does replacing
'("0") with '("0" "") also work, so that a versionless name is tried
when the versioned name fails?

I've pushed a set of changes along those lines, plus falling back to
"libpng" when "libpng12" fails and dynamically detecting the libjpeg
version.

> Just to make things more annoying, libcairo needs libpthread:
> [...]
> so I also had to change the define-runtime-lib macro from
> collects/racket/draw/private/libs.rkt so that the unix case of the
> macro accepts multiple libraries.  I'm not sure that's the best way to
> go about adding libpthread though, and I'm definitely not sure that my
> simple change to collects/racket/draw/unsafe/cairo.rkt to add
> libpthread works on other platforms...

Won't "libpthread" get loaded auomatically when "libcairo" is loaded?

> With theses changes I was able to run drracket, except that:
>
> - I got the following error at startup while the steep tool is being
>   loaded:
>
> Error invoking tool
> #<path:/home/meunier/lang/plt/collects/stepper>;("stepper+xml-tool.ss")
> xml-box: bitmap scheme-box.jpg failed to load
>  === context ===
> /home/meunier/lang/plt/collects/drracket/private/tools-drs.rkt:96:0:
> invoke-drs-tool
> /home/meunier/lang/plt/collects/drracket/drracket.rkt: [running body]
>
> (I have no problem looking at the jpg file using xv or gimp)

I think that's because the libjpeg version 64 wasn't supported by
"jpeg.rkt" --- now fixed.

> copy-file: read or write failed; cannot copy:
> /home/meunier/.racket/racket-prefs.rktd to:
> /home/meunier/.racket/TMPPREF12938920161293892016827

I don't know about this one.

Posted on the dev mailing list.