[racket-dev] define-wish and a call for assistance

From: Kathryn Gray (kathryn.gray at cl.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 21 08:04:00 EST 2011

Hello,

I've added a preliminary version of define-wish to the teaching languages and the test-engine but it doesn't presently do everything that was discussed/requested in the original conversation. And I don't know how to extend it to support those features.

So can someone with more experience in developing functions for the teaching languages assist?

(define-wish n) presently provides the programmer with a function, n, of arity one (that raises an exception about wishes when called). I would like this function to be of variable arity, but I have not determined how to do this.

I would also like the test-engine to be able to report every wished for function, whether or not it's called. But I can't see how to properly expand the define-wish (so that the teaching languages recognize it as a function) with a call to report the definition to the test engine.

Thanks,
-Kathy