[racket-dev] Packaging

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Fri Feb 18 17:41:55 EST 2011

I read your contribution with great interest. One problem that is not
addressed, as far as I have seen, is that any idiot, like me, can install
his/her contributions (modules/collections/packages or whatever)

For a simple windows 7 user as I it is rather difficult to use command line
instructions. I plead for an easy to use gui for making contributions. I
also plead for an option to delete contributions that have never been
dowloaded by anyone else than the contributor (would that be possible?) I
once contributed a module wrongly. I am sure it has never been dowloaded,
but I have no option to correct my silly mistake. All I could do is to
upload an empty version, but the former version is still there.

As for security, would it be possible to sandbox a download with some
restrictions/options of permissions (opening files, creating new files,
deleting files, renaming files, calling foreign applications, enter internet
or email, and so on)???

Jos