[racket-dev] Pre-Release Checklist for v5.1

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 5 19:04:44 EST 2011

Fixed.

The main problem is that `on-subwindow-event' implementations are more
restricted than they used to be. Due to the way that events are
dispatched, if an `on-subwindow-event' method takes too long or if it
requires threads other than the eventspace thread to run, then the
event being processed never makes it to the native control (even if
`on-subwindow-evet' returns #f). I think we may be able to improve the
"too long" restriction to some degree eventually, but I see no solution
to the synchronization restriction.

I made "orbit-mouse.rkt" work by changing the implementation of a queue
within FrTime, which makes the `on-subwindow-event' hooks used by Fred
sufficiently cooperative, and now mouse events can reach controls like
sliders.