[racket-dev] Pre-Release Checklist for v5.1

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 2 08:09:23 EST 2011

At Tue, 1 Feb 2011 22:27:50 -0500, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> Two hours ago, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> >
> > Seems like there's a bigger problem -- on linux the games dialog
> > doesn't have the icons on the game buttons.
>
> If I run the following on windows it works, but on linux (I tried
> three different setups) I get the label without the bitmap.

I pushed a fix or this.

Recent versions of Ubuntu are configured disable images that accompany
text labels within buttons. For now, I made `racket/gui' enable button
images globally within the application, although it should really
should be button-specific (and only for buttons, like the ones in "PLT
Games", that are configured to show images independent of the user's
preferences).

Posted on the dev mailing list.