[racket-dev] Icons issues

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryan at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 7 17:36:40 EST 2011

On 12/05/2011 12:35 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> The icons collection has some issues that need to be resolved:
>[...]
>
> * It breaks the dependencies.  The error is:
>
>      unsatisfied dependency for "dr-bin":
>      "racket/collects/icons/main.rkt" (in:
>      "racket/collects/drracket/compiled/syncheck-drracket-button_rkt.dep"
>      ...)
>
>    This means that the DrRacket distribution requires "icons/main.rkt",
>    and that's missing from the distribution.
>
>    The reason it's missing is that Matthew tried to fix the more
>    serious problem that was there before: the new icons requires
>    `slideshow' and `texpict' (via `unstable/gui/pict'), and since
>    DrRacket uses it, it now depends on these too.
>
>    Potential ways to resolve it:
>
>    1. Decide that it's fine to make slideshow and texpict required for
>       drracket.
>
>    2. Dump the idea of making sense and stop making these tests.
>
>    3. Avoid the new dependency, and make the code not require that.
>       Potentially do that by splitting the code into a part that
>       drracket can use, and a part that is not needed.

The nightly builds have now been failing for seven days. I assume it's
because of this dist-spec issue.

I vote we do #1 to get the nightly builds working again immediately.
When the parties involved figure out a long-term solution, we can undo
the dist-spec change.

It would also be nice if the particular distributions that did succeed
in the nightly builds were made available. I assume that the
"plt-everything" distribution (or whatever it's called) has been
succeeding, and that only a lesser-used distribution is preventing any
updates.

Ryan

Posted on the dev mailing list.