[racket-dev] non-existing files in drRacket recent file list

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 25 13:10:40 EDT 2011

I'll push something shortly that removes items from the list when you
select them and they don't exist.

The current problem with removing them automatically has to do with
the way the gui layer's callbacks work (or worked if things have
changed on this detail..). In particular, the callback that would let
me control what shows up in the menu is invoked each time the menu is
clicked on (or a menu shortcut is typed) and so I believe that
touching the filesystem in that situation is unwise, especially since
some filesystems can be very very slow when compared to others.

Robby