[racket-dev] sporadic failure when building PLaneT docs

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Aug 20 12:48:48 EDT 2011

10 minutes ago, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> 15 minutes ago, Robby Findler wrote:
> > Okay I've narrowed things down to something strange about the context in
> > which racket calls the planet module name resolver. In particular, if you
> > change the planet resolver by inserting this code right as the first thing
> > it does:
> > 
> > (parameterize ([current-namespace (make-base-namespace)])
> >  (eval '(module program racket/base))
> >  (eval '(require 'program)))
> > 
> > Then you'll see the (seemingly incorrect) error that the module 'program is
> > an unknown module.
> I tried it, but I can't replicate the problem.  If I add the code to
> both branches of the resolver code I get an infinite loop, and if I
> leave just the interesting 5-argument case in, then it loaded (a
> random planet package) and installed it without any problems.

So, something else that might be related, and confused me: you don't
get the problem when doing the planet requiring on the repl, only its
loaded from a module.

          ((lambda (x) (x x)) (lambda (x) (x x)))          Eli Barzilay:
                    http://barzilay.org/                   Maze is Life!

Posted on the dev mailing list.