[racket-dev] Fwd: ace?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Aug 16 14:20:15 EDT 2011

6 hours ago, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> Here is a site that comes with demos/shots that are simple and yet
> interactive and thus impressive. I am wondering whether we could
> turn our little code snippets into stuff that people can run and
> possibly even modify and run. We may have to 'cheat' and use
> WhaleSong in the background to power some of our graphical animated
> stuff but hey WhaleSong is close enough to our world.

Isn't this just a JS-based editor?

As for interactive examples, that would be "easy" with a sandbox.  The
usual caveats are that it won't be able to show off functionality
related to FS operations, FFI, GUI, and probably a few more.

(And BTW, the wiki will have such sandboxed evaluation -- my design is
that every wiki page is actually a module that gets evaluated to
produce the rendered text.)