[racket-dev] Downloading DrRacket for Mac is hard?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Aug 13 18:47:51 EDT 2011

About a minute ago, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
> Thanks for this.
>
> I really like the rounded-edge "Download" buttons that most software
> systems now have.  It seems odd to not have one for DrRacket.  (I
> brought this up some years ago when these weren't quite so
> prevalent; now they're ubiquitous.)

If you want round corners, see if you can get something that looks
fine from http://www.cssbuttongenerator.com/ .  I tried, but ended up
with things that look too ugly.  (I also tried to use *just* the round
corner attributes, but that makes the browsers I tried switch to a
button rendering that doesn't look like a normal button.)

> The grey of the Platform line makes it look like it's been greyed out
> -- my first mental thought was, "what if I want some other
> platform?"  That's not a good visual metaphor.

Yes, I know.  What I did for that is to change the color when focus
moves in.  So if you do click the platform to see "what's
unavailable", it gets colored as "available" (in black), and then
switches back to gray when focus moves out.  Any other idea?