[racket-dev] Plot testing and feedback

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 12 22:41:21 EDT 2011

Can I get a racket/gui expert's help on Jay's machine's output? There
are two issues:

1. I have it render text with an 8 point font. On Jay's Mac, it's too
small to be 8 point. Either there's some font scaling or it's
erroneously choosing an 8 *pixel* font. How can we tell?

2. The Mac's get-char-width is returning something apparently too big -
especially for the tiny font size - which makes all of Jay's plots
scrunch up to make room for the Y axis labels. Is this a bug?

I don't know how to work around #1.

For #2, I think I can use get-text-extent with a representative tick
label string like "0000000.0".

Neil T