[racket-dev] Plot testing and feedback

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 12 20:33:49 EDT 2011

I've pushed the latest plot2d and plot3d to my github account. I want to
know whether there are any critical differences in output or execution
time among platforms. There shouldn't be any, but it's possible.

Can I get a few volunteers, at least one on Windows and one on Mac, to
clone it and run the test plots?

First, do

     git clone https://github.com/ntoronto/plt-stuff.git

Then do each of

     drracket plt-stuff/plot/tests/plot2d-tests.rkt
     drracket plt-stuff/plot/tests/plot3d-tests.rkt

After running each, copy the entire REPL output (it will contain timing
info and image snips), paste it into a new .rkt file, and save it in the
current directory.

The tests will generate some files (.png, .jpg, .pdf, .svg, etc.) in the
current directory. Zip those and the new .rkt files together, and email
them to me. Write in the email which OS you're running.

Thanks!
Neil

Posted on the dev mailing list.