[racket-dev] Search by example (was Re: Roogle?)

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 6 16:31:30 EDT 2011

[Oops - forgot to reply to all.]

To build a sketch of this, I've found module->exports, dynamic-require
and friends, but I think I'd need procedures along the lines of

   function-contract? : any -> boolean
   function-contract-domain-contracts : function-contract? ->
     (listof contract?)
   function-contract-range-contracts : function-contract? ->
     (listof contract?)

I see contract?, flat-contract? etc, but I don't see anything that could
let me take apart a contract to use its pieces. Is there any such thing?

(Also there are, as usual, interesting wrinkles with search-by-example
with higher-order functions.)

Regards,
  Tony

On 2011-08-06 3:13 PM, Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:
> Not with search by type, but at the risk of derailing the thread, I have
> had quite a few positive experiences with search by example.

Posted on the dev mailing list.